Angel A. Alvarez, P.E.
Recognition & Awards
- P.E., Professional Civil Engineer, California (24145)
- Quality Engineer, California (Q2944)
- Certified Energy Manager (6706)
- Certified Demand Side Management Professional
- Registered Green Building Engineer (332)
- Certified Energy Auditor
- Certified Business Energy Professional (362)
- M.S., Civil Engineering, California State University at Los Angeles
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, California State University at Los Angeles
Angel Alvarez is a highly regarded and experienced construction professional with over 40 years of substantial involvement in project development, construction management, quality assurance, and start-up and commissioning related to complex, multi-million dollar school, utility, and communications projects. He has served as design manager, project manager, construction manager, maintenance manager, resident inspector, and energy efficiency administrator for numerous utility, Title 24, and FEMA-related projects located throughout Southern California. In addition he has managed projects related to facility construction, telecommunications energy efficiency, digital controls, and NOx reduction, which have received several industry and government awards.
Angel’s experience includes the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power’s Department’s $1.7 billion integrated resource plan (IRP) where he developed a complete project QA/QC plan for the implementation of four 550MWgeneration projects, and Director of Projects for Edison Envest managing project development functions, financing terms, and project and construction management services for a $100 million portfolio of energy efficiency projects. He has also held a number of senior positions on multi-million dollar bond programs at the Los Angeles Community College District and the Long Beach Community College District. This range of experience makes Angel a valued technical advisor and successful manager.