Recognition & Awards
- M.S., Mechanical and Environmental Engineering, concentration in Ocean Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, concentration in Solar Energy, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- US Army, Inspector General Course
- Commandants Coin
- Leadership Development and Education for Sustained Peace (LDESP), Naval Post Graduate School, Monterey, California
- US Army, Command and General Staff Officer Course
- Army Corps of Engineers, Engineering Officer Basic and Advanced Courses
- Assistant Commandants Award
- Registered Professional Civil Engineer, California
- Registered Professional Mechanical Engineer, California
- 2016 California League of Cities Helen Putnam Award
- California WateReuse Association Staff Person of the Year, 2014
- US Army Engineer Association De Fleury Medal
Dan Rydberg is a Registered Engineer with over 32 years of experience in public works project engineering, construction management, operations and leadership in complex organizations. Dan served in the California Army National Guard for 30 years and was an officer in the United States Army Corps of Engineers where he held positions of Engineer Officer, Information Operations Officer, Civil Affairs Officer and Inspector General.
Dan has held several key management positions at the City of Oxnard Public Works Department, including Senior Civil Engineer, Streets and Waterways Superintendent, Acting Solid Waste Division Manager, Capital Projects Manager, Utilities Director and Public Works Director. As Public Works Director, Dan managed water, wastewater, solid waste, fleets, facilities, parks, streets and engineering divisions, and oversaw a department of 375 full time employees and 75 seasonal employees with an operating budget of $150 million per year.
At Cordoba Corporation, Dan is currently serving as Director of Water Operations. He oversees water engineering projects including stormwater quality and reuse concept reports and feasibility studies for agencies such as City of Los Angeles Sanitation & Environment. Dan is also serving as the interim Design Center Engineering Supervisor and is assisting in the Design Center Development Review to strategize a plan for sustainability and growth. In addition, he leads the Water Infrastructure Sector’s internal controls working group and develops engineering, design and project management standards and processes through all project phases.