Recognition & Awards
- S., Civil Engineering, Marquette University
- Professional Engineer; California and Wisconsin
- Chartered Engineer, United Kingdom
- Charted Institute of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- Member of Technical Review Team for WEF “Guide to Upgrading and Expansion of Treatment Plants” MOP 28, 2005
- Certificate of Achievement from Wisconsin Association of Consulting Engineers for Fort McCoy sludge freeze-drying facility design, 1992
Mary Vorissis is a licensed professional engineer with over 35 years in the environmental engineering field with experience in providing governmental liaison and project management services; planning and design for water and wastewater projects; establishing policy and standards for wastewater treatment; and independent consulting for wastewater engineering services.
She has successfully owned and operated her own consulting firm specializing in helping municipalities address their water resource needs and small to large size consulting firms deliver water, wastewater, and recycled water projects.
Mary has held vital roles for companies both domestically and internationally. She spent an extensive amount of her career working as a Lead Process Engineer, Project Manager, and Technical Author on various wastewater, potable water and recycled water projects throughout the Upper Midwest and California. In addition, she worked in the United Kingdom where she held the role of Wastewater Policy and Standard Manager for United Utilities for which her responsibilities included maintaining and developing asset design standards and policies for wastewater treatment applicable for over 600 wastewater treatment facilities.